Please note: Users must complete the Hazmat General, Safety and Security Awareness Training course or equivalent course before taking 49 CFR Training.
Duration: Approximately 4.5 - 5 hours
If your company ships hazardous materials or dangerous goods in the United States, you must comply with the US Department of Transportation’s Code of Federal Regulations 49 CFR. The 49 CFR requires that employees involved in shipping hazardous materials within the U.S. receive training (49 CFR, Subpart H, Section 172.704). This course meets the minimum training requirements specified in the 49 CFR for employees shipping and handling hazardous materials. This course package comes with the 49 CFR book. You can expect to receive your copy of the 49 CFR within 1 -2 weeks of your order being placed, unless an express shipping option is selected.
This course covers:
- What hazardous materials are and how they are classified
- What training is required and why
- Responsibilities of those shipping hazardous materials by ground in the United States
- Proper package selection and use
- How to pack, mark and label items in accordance with the 49 CFR
- How to prepare shipping papers according to the 49 CFR
- Safety and security awareness and emergency response guidance
- A fully interactive environment, with learning checks and a final exam.
- A convenient online platform, allowing you to start, stop and resume at any time.
- Easy record-keeping and a certificate of completion, which is valid for three years. The certificate will be saved in your online account and can be e-mailed, downloaded or printed.
- Access to the course for a ninety day period (3 months) to complete your training
You MUST have a copy of the most current 49 CFR to complete this course.
You will receive your access link along with your log-in credentials within approximately 2 hours of your purchase during regular business hours. Each user must have a valid email address in order to receive their credentials. Invalid credit card information and missing user information, or freight quote requirements for other items on your order will delay training activation.
If you are placing this order on behalf of another user, or are placing an order for multiple users, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or call our sales team at 1-800-262-8200 (8:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m. EST).
Please be advised if "Myself Only" is chosen you will not be provided registration codes to distribute.