Please note: This course is a prerequisite to 49 CFR. You must take this course or an equivalent course before taking the 49 CFR Training course.
Duration: Approximately 90 minutes
If your company ships hazmat or dangerous goods, the U.S. Department of Transportation requires the general awareness training specified in 49 CFR Part 172.704 be taken every three years. This course meets the general awareness training requirements.
This course covers:
- An introduction to hazardous materials
- Why training is important and what the requirements are
- Which agencies set the requirements, and the publications which state their requirements
- The transport chain, including shipper and operator responsibilities within it
- Hazmat classifications
- General packing requirements and proper package selection
- How to mark and label packages correctly
- How to correctly document hazmat shipments
- A fully interactive environment, with learning checks and a final exam.
- A convenient online platform, allowing you to start, stop and resume at any time.
- Easy record-keeping and a certificate of completion, which is valid for three years. The certificate will be saved in your online account and can be e-mailed, downloaded or printed.
- Access to the course for a ninety day (3 month) period to complete your training
This course is an overview of the regulations, and is not for qualification or certification. This course is NOT for personnel who are responsible for acceptance checklists and regulatory review to determine compliance for a given shipment. Employees responsible for determining if packages comply with relevant regulations and employees responsible for certifying shipments (by signing a dangerous goods declaration or Hazmat Bill of Lading) will require additional training as specified by their employer.
You will receive your access link along with your log-in credentials within approximately 2 hours of your purchase during regular business hours. Each user must have a valid email address in order to receive their credentials. Invalid credit card information and missing user information, or freight quote requirements for other items on your order will delay training activation.
If you are placing this order on behalf of another user, or are placing an order for multiple users, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or call our sales team at 1-800-262-8200 (8:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m. EST).
Please be advised if "Myself Only" is chosen you will not be provided registration codes to distribute.