Please note: You must have a copy of the IATA DGR – 61st Edition to complete this course. You can purchase the 61st edition here.
Duration: Approximately 4.5 - 5 hours
If you ship dangerous goods by air on either passenger or cargo airlines, you must comply with ICAO/IATA’s requirements. Although the ICAO Technical Instructions are the legally binding document for shipping dangerous goods by air, the majority of the world’s airlines use the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations which fully reflect all of the provisions found in the ICAO TI’s. The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations require that employees involved in shipping dangerous goods receive training (IATA DGR 1.5). This interactive online course meets the minimum training requirements specified in the IATA DGR for employees shipping and handling dangerous goods.
Who should take this course:
This course is ideal for operations-level employees (IATA Categories 2, 4, and 5) who package, mark, label and document air shipments. Additional training is required to meet the U.S. DOT’s “function-specific” and general awareness training requirements for ground shippers.
This course covers:
- What dangerous goods are and how they are classified
- What training is required and why
- How the IATA DGR (61st edition) applies in various countries and with various airlines
- How to pack, mark and label items in accordance with the IATA DGR 61st Edition
- How to correctly document dangerous goods shipments
- Safety and security provisions
- A fully interactive environment, with learning checks and a final exam.
- A convenient online platform, allowing you to start, stop and resume at any time.
- Easy record-keeping and a certificate of completion, which is valid for two years. certificate will be saved in your online account and can be e-mailed, downloaded or printed.
- Access to the course for a ninety day period (3 months) to complete your training
Please be advised if "Myself Only" is chosen you will not be provided registration codes to distribute.