Duration: Approximately 2.5 - 3 hours
If your company ships lithium ion or lithium metal batteries, the U.S. Department of Transportation requires the training specified in 49 CFR Part 172, Subpart H. This online course meets the U.S. DOT training requirements for individuals who perform or direct the functions of packaging, marking, labeling, or loading packages containing lithium batteries for shipment by highway, rail, air or vessel. The course covers both excepted and fully regulated lithium batteries.
This course covers:
- A definition of what “hazardous materials” are
- The nine classes of hazardous materials set out in the regulations
- An overview of what lithium batteries are and why they are potentially hazardous
- Lithium battery general awareness
- Packaging and package selection (both UN packaging and non-UN packaging types)
- Marking, labeling, and documentation requirements
- Safety, emergency response, and security awareness
- The shipper’s responsibilities in the transportation process
- A fully interactive environment, with learning checks and a final exam.
- A convenient online platform, allowing you to start, stop and resume at any time.
- Easy record-keeping and a certificate of completion, which is valid for three years. The certificate will be saved in your online account and can be e-mailed, downloaded or printed.
- Access to the course for a ninety day (3 month) period to complete your training
You will receive your access link along with your log-in credentials within approximately two hours of your purchase during regular business hours. Each user must have a valid email address in order to receive their credentials. Invalid credit card information and missing user information, or freight quote requirements for other items on your order will delay training activation.
If you are placing this order on behalf of another user, or are placing an order for multiple users, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call our sales team at 1-800-262-8200 (8:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m. EST).
Please be advised if "Myself Only" is chosen you will not be provided registration codes to distribute.